Thursday, July 19, 2007

songs and sweet memories

fondest childhood memory that i could ever remember was when i was 4 years old.i was visiting lolo and lola in Marikina. lola paz was in the kitchen...and the very thing that kept this memory in tact was the smell of instant coffee..Nescafe,lola was making coffee for lolo and dad,while the two were in the sala..listening to the song played on the radio..."raindrops keep falling on my head",as the song went.from then on....i seem to associate things with songs....the lullabies that daddy sings to us,love songs that kept my parents in love for 30 years,songs that kept my broken heart whole again...songs that let my young spirit fly during my teenage days...songs that had inspired me to be happy...songs that had filled me with joy and love ....when i got married to the most beautiful soul here on earth...willy,songs that i sing to put my little angels to sleep.....and i could go on and on.....this beautiful life is my song.

5 comments:

felinelostindwilderness said...

manang, it is very painful to imagine that both of our parents have gone to be with our Lord..but i do remember how dad would sing us lullabies!

But i cannot forget when I was younger...that you guys let me sing and dance on top of the table..until now i know some oldies but goodies songs..nat king cole, frank sinatra classics,elvis presley, connie francis..etc. etc. Carey was amazed how i still remember the lyrics and sang to it by heart like I was born at that time..am so proud of our heritage..am so proud of our mom and dad..am so proud of you Nang! MORE KUDOS! YOU ROCK!

Anonymous said...

It's so amazing how we can remember a lot of events in our lives through a song, smell or a thing.

I love the smell of the pencils (remember mongol?) reminds me so much of the desk in gradeschool :) And smell of the rain reminds me when I was 5yrs old we love to play in the rain.

Got here thru Kuring's blog :) I'm linking you up, if you don't mind?

here's my blog: http://maping.wordpress.com

Maping

mira said...

thank u guys for dropping by...mapz i'll try to drop in your blog too.luv you kuring-ningning.

Unknown said...

huo no. ano na lang ayhan ang life kon wala sang may makabalo mag kanta? miss, i miss our singing sprees together. hay. the choir, the sfc music ministry. yes,indeed,our life is a song. we have to sing it well. and of course, HE WHO SINGS WELL, PRAYS TWICE.labay man akon mir, daw wala pa gd ta ya nga duha naka upod videoke haw.hehehe

mira said...

ann...yes i do miss our singalong...ala karen carpenter..kung si lemuel pa padugo nga mga kanta...hay d good ol' days.