Friday, November 21, 2008

"Trading My Sorrows"


Last Sunday we had a household meeting with our melbourne unit here.This particular song was sang in our household and as i sang, it almost had brought me back to the days when i was still in SFC in Bacolod...the friends i have found and the foundation in which my own parents, me and my two sisters had been inculcated in...Faith,Hope and Love.And just a few days ago...caroline had just lost a baby...an angel.We, as a family had been devastated and my heart goes out to Meow.This song is specially dedicated to her.

Trading My Sorrows

I'm trading my sorrows
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord.
I'm trading my sickness.
I'm trading my pains.
I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord.

Chorus:
(we say) Yes Lord,Yes Lord
Yes,Yes Lord
Yes Lord,Yes Lord
Yes,Yes Lord
Yes Lord, Yes Lord
Yes,Yes Lord Amen!(2x)

I'm pressed but not crushed.
Persecuted not abandoned.
Strucked down but not destroyed.
I'm blessed beyond curse for His
promise will endure...
that His joy's gonna be my strength
though the sorrow may last for the night,
His joy comes with morning!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

scary man kag budlay kon may suffering, pero the only consolation is knowing that God allows it para mag cling pa gid ta sa iya. suffering makes me extremely prayerful and clingy to him, and i am pretty sure that's what he likes. jealous God daan. aren't we blessed to be children of God?

mira said...

Amen!its the surrendering and acceptance to the will of the Father is what keeps me grounded and focused.Life in general will always be unpredictable...full of surprises both good and bad ones.And yes!i am just so blessed to be counted as one of God's children.love you ann!

Genevive said...

hi mIr, again thanks so much for visiting my blog and for leaving kind comments. u jst don't know how much it warms my heart. happy gid ko reading affirmations from you.. all of us need it.

btw, nami ang facebook kay mas hapos kag kitaun ang updates from one another... sadya kmi to ga updtanay nila ni meow kag mga uton ko.. mas sadya pa gid if ara ka... so i hope u give it a try :) much better than friendstr... baw daw gn bayaran ko sini ka facbook hehh

Merry Christmas Mir! please hug each one of your cute kids for me and hi 5 for Willy hahaha :)

love,
Bebang