Thursday, May 8, 2008

Five years na kami!





This photo was taken by dad the very first day willy and i met....and now it's our 5th wedding anniversary.It all started with just lunch after CLP in Banago...and hadnt looked back ever since...we've got two beautiful kids and each other...what more we could ever ask for?Im forever grateful for the gifts God showered me...in the face of willy and our two adorable kids.

"Marriage means accepting who we are and forsaking new,improved models of husband and wife.It means respecting the other above all,and never acting against the sacredness of that life joined to our own.It means being faithful.And it means we never stop working on being married."

"Marriage provides an oppurtunity for two people ,working together,to become the people that God created them to be.Each couple is called to leave behind selfishness and small-mindedness."

"Marriage is about finding someone who understands and accepts you-quirks and all.Your commitment means you join a club in which you and your spouse are the only members."

"Having that level of comfort makes marriage vital for the growth of each partner.Knowing you can be You is empowering.Speaking of her husband,one wife noted:"There is a phrase we use as an ice- breaker after an argument:'Do you love me anyway?"'

"Dont forget the "Third Party".Recognize God's great love for you-no matter what-and mirror that concept in your marriage.Respect each other.Pray together.

"The power of two,just as two heads are better than one in dealing with challenges,two hearts are certainly better at loving together through whatever problems life has in store"

Couples Prayer.....

Dear God,

Help me treasure my spouse as the most special and valuable gift you have given me.
Remind me that we are friends,and teach me how i might be a true friend in good times and bad.Remind me that we are partners,and open my eyes daily to oppurtunities to encourage my spouse.Remind me that we are lovers,and guide me into an unconditional love that bears all things,believes all things,and endures all things.Push me beyond selfishness toward a commitment that is total and timeless.Give me the strength to treasure my partner beyond what is easy,normal,or humanly possible.
Amen.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

happy anniversary mira and willy! you are a match made in heaven. when i think about what you've been through in the past, it seems so surreal to see you sharing and beautiful life with willy today.

mira said...

tenk u my friend...sori i forgot to mention in my blog that u helped me go through big life decisions...you had helped me big time.i owe you so much ann!lab u gd.

Unknown said...

mir, you don't need to mention me anywhere :) miskin himuon mo lang ko anino, more than enough na gid na sa akon. im happy to see you living your life the way you should.